Umbrella Base Installation Instructions
Our two most popular umbrella base options are our inground base and our boltdown base. Below you will find installation instructions for you to secure your selected base properly so that your umbrella will be stable and strong for years to come. We do have other umbrella bases available, if you require installation instructions for these, please contact us and we will be able to help you out with this as most are customised for the specific conditions.
Inground Umbrella Base Installation Instructions
- Dig a hole that is approximately 400mm wide and 900mm deep.
- Slide the ring onto the inground base.
- Place the base into the hole and fill the hole with concrete.
- Ensure that 15-20mm of the ring is exposed above ground level. This must remain 15-20mm higher than your finished ground level including pavers, grass, tiles etc.
- Once you’re ready to install your umbrella, grease the outside of the pole and the top of the ring to make sure your umbrella can slide on and then rotate freely.
Boltdown Umbrella Base Installation Instructions
- Place the boltdown base on the ground where it is to be installed (minimum 100mm concrete slab as per picture below).
- Make a mark on the ground where the four (4) holes are to be drilled.
- Remove the base and drill the four (4) holes that have been marked.
- Place the base back on the ground, lining up the pre-drilled holes with the holes on the base plate.
- Screw in appropriate screws (Chemset or DynaBolt) to secure the base to the ground.
- Once you are ready to install your umbrella, grease the outside of the pole and the top of the ring to make sure your umbrella can slide on and then rotate freely.